Terms & Conditions
All Passengers using the services of Sensational Sydney Cruises do so under the following terms & conditions. By paying for and accepting supply of these services you agree to be bound by these conditions.
- Operator: means Sensational Sydney Cruises Pty Ltd
1.1 Substitute Operator: Due to operational requirements on the morning of travel, you may cruise by another Sydney Harbour Operator. We will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible of such a change, but you may not know until the morning of departure. Please be assured that any other operator we use will have full insurance as required by Australian Regulations and is carefully chosen by us to meet high standards of customer care and safety.
- Fare Prices: Fare prices are in Australian Dollars for travel up to and including 31st March the year following and are calculated live in our system, they include GST where applicable. Prices change at least every year on 1st April for travel after that date or may change at any time based on prevailing market prices or changes by other package operators.
2.1. Currency Prices are charged in AUD and will be refunded if necessary in AUD, any currency fluctuation that takes place in the meantime is at the risk of the customer and will not be reimbursed by the Operator.
- Cancellation and Deposit Policy
3.1. Scheduled Departures: cancellations made more than 72 hours before travel (earlier than 04:00am, 3 days before travel, as logged on the Operator’s system audit) may be made without penalty and a full refund will be given to the Customer. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before travel will attract a 100% cancellation fee and no refund at the Operator’s discretion. The Operator has the right to retain all deposits received up to the amount of the cancellation fee and invoices will be issued for any further amounts outstanding.
3.2. Private Charters & Packages: Cancellations made more than 30 days before travel (as logged in the Operator’s system audit) may be made without penalty and a full refund will be given to the Customer. Cancellations made less than 30 clear working days, but more than 7 days before travel, will attract a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than 7 days before travel will attract a 100% cancellation fee. The Operator has the right to retain all deposits received up to the amount of the cancellation fee and invoices will be issued for any further amounts outstanding.
3.3 Special conditions: for bookings made for the travel period 17 December 2015 – 9 January 2016. Any cancellations made for this period will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
3.4. Weather Cancellations
3.5 Scheduled Departures: cancellations made by the Operator due to inclement weather will entitle the customer to a full refund of the Fare Price. Please note that if the customer made the booking for travel through a booking agent all refunds of deposits and booking fees are to be obtained directly from the booking agent. Such booking agent may at their discretion retain a booking fees less than or equal to 100% of the price.
3.6. Private Charters & Packages: a deposit equivalent to 10% of the Fare Price on the booking will be retained by Sensational Sydney Cruises as a booking fee. Please note that if the customer made the booking for travel through a booking agent all refunds of deposits and booking fees are to be obtained directly from the booking agent. Such booking agent may at their discretion retain a booking fees less than or equal to 100% of the price.
3.7.1 Payment Policy:
3.7.2. If payment is not made at the time of booking, credit card details are needed to secure the booking and final payment needs to be made at least three days prior to travel
3.7.3. In order to hold a confirmed space for Private Charters & Packages Sensational Sydney Cruises will require a minimum 50% deposit at the time of booking. This is refundable subject to the cancellation policy above.
3.7.4. For Bookings requiring exclusive use, (private charters & packages), prepayment of 50% of the final price will be required 3 weeks prior to departure. Final numbers are required 7 days prior to travel and will be invoiced on that basis. Fail to Loads will be charged based on the pax numbers advised and invoiced 7 days before travel.
- Quotes: Quotes for special events, incentives, private charters, and specific requirements and incentives will be valid for 7 days from the date issued. The Operator reserves the right to re-quote based on any changes to quote requirements. A deposit will be required with confirmation which may vary from the above, please ask.
- Booking Processing and Payment: Bookings for travel with the Operator may be made by telephone, facsimile, email, live chat or on the website. Once your booking is confirmed the Operator will issue you with a booking confirmation reference number. Your booking is not confirmed unless a confirmation reference number has been issued. Bookings not paid for by 72 prior to travel will be cancelled by the Operator.
- Safety Requirements for Travel
6.1. Sensational Sydney Cruises is an outdoor adventure activity using vessels on Sydney Harbour. Please come dressed for all weather occasions & flat shoes. While the cruise is gentle conditions of Sydney Harbour can change. Please ask if you have any concerns.
6.1 General Mobility : It is a company requirement that Passengers cruising with the Operator must be able to embark onto the vessel unaided, so that in the event of an emergency Passengers are also able disembark unaided. The Operator’s staff will be in attendance to supervise Passengers embarking and disembarking but are not allowed to actively assist Passengers. The captain in command will make the final decision on whether a passenger is able to embark unaided and therefore travel on the cruise. In the event that the Captain refuses to allow a passenger to board on this basis the Passenger will be given a partial refund through their booking agent or by Sensational Sydney Cruises if they booked directly with the Operator.
6.2 Disabled Passengers: The Operator recommends that disabled persons seek medical advice before participating in any cruise. As stated above the Passenger must be able embark & disembark unaided in order to participate on the cruise. Disabled Passengers participating on the cruise do so at the own risk and the Operator accepts no liability for any damage or injury caused
6.3 Pregnant Persons: The Operator recommends that pregnant persons cruise at their own risk.
6.4 Medical Conditions: Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to cruise prior to booking and advise our staff when booking. As the entire tour last 4 hours, passengers are advised to carry any necessary medication with them. Persons with medical conditions participating in the cruise and activities do so at their own risk and the Operator accepts no liability for any damage or injury caused.
6.4 Alcohol and Drugs: At no time will a passenger be allowed to cruises if their judgement is impaired by alcohol, drugs, or prescription medicine. Passengers not able to cruise may at the discretion of the Operator be given a partial refund through their booking agent or by Sensational Sydney Cruises if they booked directly with the Operator.
6.5 Carriage at Captains Discretion: The captain is in charge of the vessel has absolute discretion in deciding whether a passenger will cruise or not. Such decisions are made in the best interest of the safety of the passengers and crew and the Operator accepts no liability for any inconvenience or damage caused. Passengers not able to cruise may at the discretion of the Operator or travel agent be given a partial refund through their booking agent or by Sensational Sydney Cruises if they booked directly with the Operator.
7 Days of Operation
7.1 Scheduled Departures: Sensational Sydney Cruises trips are based on a costing of a minimum of two passengers and are subject to availability. (Min 4 pax 01June15-31Aug15) of operational resources, vessels may change at the last moment. For one Person only, travel is possible but an extra charge on top of the standard price quoted on our website (which is priced on 2/4 people minimum on the) will be levied, quoted upon application for just one person to travel on scheduled departures.
7.2 Private Charters & Packages: On request 7 days a week
Days of Operation:
- Scheduled Departures: Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sun. On request, 7 days/week 17 Dec 2015 – 9 Jan 2016. (excluding public holidays and special events)
- Private Charters & Packages: On request 7 days a week
- Marine Insurance: Sensational Sydney Cruises carry full insurance and public liability
- No Warranty: The Operator does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or reliability of any information, service, or product listed on the Operator’s website.
10.1. All passengers participate in a Sensational Sydney Cruises tour at their own risk. The Operator does not accept any liability for any loss, claim, injury, or any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damage which may arise out of or is in any way connected with the Passenger’s participation in the Sensational Sydney Cruises tour.
10.2. Under no circumstances shall the Operator be liable for any loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost profits or savings) which arises out of or is in any way connected with the use of any information, any listing of any data on the Operator’s website, or any delay or inability to use this website based on tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise.
- Jurisdiction: The laws of NSW apply in relation to these terms and conditions and the Operator’s business.
- Third Party Websites: This website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. The Operator is not responsible for and does not operate or control any information or services provided on such third party websites. The links are provided solely for convenience and do not constitute an endorsement by the Operator
- Condition Changes: The Operator reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions contained herein at any time. Visitors to the site shall be responsible for reviewing such term and conditions regularly.
- Photographs, Filming and Media : As part of your Sensational Sydney Cruises tour, Sensational Sydney Cruises advises that photos and/or film are taken daily as a service to all our passengers on the morning. By travelling with Sensational Sydney Cruises you are accepting that you assign all copyright in such photos and/or film to Sensational Sydney Cruises & acknowledge that Sensational Sydney Cruises has & reserves the right to use such photos and/or films in any medium & in any reasonable manner whatsoever without payment or notification to you.
- Copyright : The compilation of the information contained herein is the copyrighted work of the Operator and may not be modified, copied, distributed, transmitted, displayed, reproduced, published, licensed, used to create derivative works from, transferred, or any information, services, or products obtained from this website sold without the express written consent of the Operator and where necessary other information providers. The Operator consents to Travel Agents selling the Operator’s products to use the material in their promotion of Australia, NSW, Sydney, and the Operator directly by downloading from this website. Product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Personal Items: All personal items are carried at the risk of the Passenger.
Gift Vouchers: All gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from initial date of purchase and are fully transferable within that period. Gift vouchers are not refundable in part or full and cannot be redeemed for cash. If you wish to extend the validity of your voucher, this can be done for a further 6 months by paying an extension fee of AU$25 per person.
- Failure to Load: If you fail to show for your tour for whatever reason, you will not receive a refund as we will have held a firm seat for you and turned away other bookings to do so. Based on availability you may rebook a tour for another day in this instance for a fee of $50 nett per person immediately payable at the time of rebooking direct to Sensational Sydney Cruises not your travel agent. The Operator recommends travel insurance by taken out by all passengers.
- Payment Methods: Payment can be made by:
20.1 Cash, AUD Travellers Cheque, Visa, Bankcard or MasterCard. Payment by way of AMEX card will attract a 4% surcharge for processing. This surcharge is non-refundable in the event of a trip cancellation.
20.2. Credit Card Declined: If your credit card payment or PayPal or other payment method cannot be authorised by the Operator earlier than 3 days prior to travel, our system will automatically cancel your reservation. The Operator will attempt to contact the Customer to obtain another form of payment. However, if the Operator cannot contact the Customer the Customer’s booking will not be held. The Customer will know that the Operator has obtained a correctly authorised payment and made a booking once the Customer receives their booking confirmation reference number and not before.
20.3. Travel Agents Voucher : If your travel agent gives you a voucher, its acceptance by us as a means of paying for your service depends upon your agents’ continuing good credit status with Sensational Sydney Cruises . We reserve the right to ask you for full cash payment on the day of travel if we are unable to get satisfactory responses to our payment enquiries and credit checks of your travel agent.
Updated 22 February 2015