What does $100 million look like?
‘Aussie’ John… name doesn’t ring a bell? Well, here’s a quick clip to get you up to speed.
Aussie Home Loans Managing Director and Founder was famous for the catchy little phrase – “At Aussie, we’ll save you”.
What a classic.
He’s been around for years, and his catch phrase has been stuck in people’s heads for just as long. It’s one of the reasons Aussie Home Loans are so successful. And to help you get your head around just how successful, at Sensational Sydney Cruises, we float you straight past ‘Aussie’ Johns Sydney harbourside $100m mansion.
When I first heard that a ‘home’ was on the market for a potential – yet cool – 100mil, I immediately thought, what does a $100 million home look like? And what does a $100 million home have, let alone need, that I don’t have in my place?
Here’s the breakdown of ‘Aussie’ John’s 2700-square-metre property boasting 90 metres of water frontage in the exclusive suburb of Point Piper:
- Two swimming pools
- Extensive library,
- Home theatre and designated staff quarters,
- Secluded, private chambers on the upper levels of the property
- And 24 bathrooms. Yep – 24!
And don’t forget the view of the Iconic Sydney Opera House. Oh, a ten car garage, and an entertainment floor or ‘party floor’ which can accommodate crowds of up to 600 people.
Up until now, the highest selling property in Australia sold for $70 million and belonged to James and Ericka Packer.
But, this affluent, bayside playground holds many more spectacular homes than just ‘Aussie’ John’s digs and the ‘Packers old place. Not to mention, you may find a bargain of your own.
What other ‘A-list’ homes are you likely to see with Sensational Sydney Cruises:
1. Russell Crowe’s Apartment: ‘Rusty’, one Australian films greatest exports (The Gladiator, Robin Hood and Noah) set a new record for the Sydney real estate market when he purchased his substantial Woolloomooloo apartment for $14 million. The previous record came in at $10 million. He occupies the entire top floor of the prestigious Woolloomooloo finger wharf unit.
2. Lady Fairfax House: 6986-square metre property is estimated to be worth $70 – $80 Million. The Fairfax Dynasty bought the property back in 1891 for just £2100.
3. Frank Lowy’s home: The Westfield founder and Billionaire has a small slice of the action with his Point Piper home coming in at just over the $30 Million mark. We talk about Ron Medich’s house his blinds were always drawn shut. Was it due to his criminal background or to protect the paintings worth several thousands of dollars from the sun. (It faces directly West)
4. Nicole Kidman’s apartment: Milson Point, overlooking the the harbour bridge his home to one of Australia’s leading ladies, Nicole Kidman and her partner Keith Urban. They picked up this 21st-floor apartment for just over $6 million.
The above properties are just a small taste of what you’ll experience with Sensational Sydney Cruises. To find out more, click here and we’ll be in touch to get you rubbing shoulders with some of Sydney’s most beautiful and iconic homes, landmarks and scenery.